Mediterranean-style haddock with millet tabbouleh
The Mediterranean coating on our Cornish haddock is made with ground almonds for a boost of Vitamin E, and served with a cherry tomato, spinach and millet tabbouleh.
- 300 g haddock fillet
- 80 g millet
- 160 g cherry tomatoes
- 40 g spinach
- Handful of parsley
- 2 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp ground almonds
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 180C / gas mark 4 and boil a kettle.
- Heat a dry saucepan and pour the millet in before the water. Toast the millet for 2 mins, stirring constantly. Pour in 400ml boiling water, reduce the heat and cover for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, to make the Mediterranean crust, mix together the Italian herbs, balsamic vinegar, tomato puree, ground almonds and 1 tbsp olive oil in a bowl. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Spread the Mediterranean crust over the top of the haddock.
- Place the haddock on a baking tray in the oven for 10-12 mins until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cut the cherry tomatoes in half and roughly chop the spinach. Finely chop the parsley.
- Drain the millet, fluff with a fork and stir in the chopped spinach. Then mix in the cherry tomatoes, chopped parsley, 1 tbsp olive oil, a squeeze of lemon juice, and a pinch of sea salt.
- Serve the Mediterranean haddock alongside the millet tabbouleh.