Utterly Delicious Paleo Pecan Rolls
These Paleo Pecan Rolls came out perfectly soft and spongy thanks to the amazing consistency of cassava flour (for this recipe I highly recommend using Otto Cassava Flour as it’s finely ground as opposed to that from Yoki or Amalfil that’s ground more coarsely). And those chunks of nuts and dried apricots inside make them even harder to resist!!
- 2 cup Cassava Flour
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 pinch Green Stevia
- 1 pinch Cardamom
- 1 cup canned Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup Coconut Butter
- 2 free range Yolks
- 3 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 20 Dried Apricots
- 2 handful Pecan Nuts
- 2 tbsp Cream of Tartar
- 2 1/2 tbsp Baking Powder
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a bowl mix together flour, coconut sugar, stevia, cardamom and honey.
- Add in the wet ingredients: coconut milk, yolks, coconut butter and vanilla.
- Knead the mixture until well amalgamated.
- Toss in the apricots and pecan and lastly add the cream of tartar and baking powder.
- Knead again until the dough reaches an elastic consistency.
- Divide the dough in 4 pieces, roll them down on a wooden board and create 4 rolls 1 1/2 inch wide and 8 inches long.
- Roll them up, decorate with some more sliced apricots and bak for 35 minutes.