Homemade Pomegranate Molasses
Made with love by my gorgeous mother in law, Jackie Hart. She is always an inspiration to me. Pomegranate molasses is really hard to come by in the shops, and when you do it's really expensive. This only costs a few pounds to make, and lasts for up to 6 months in the fridge!
- 4 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 whole lemon
- 1 cup sugar
- In a pan, on a medium heat, mix the juices together with the sugar
- Reduce this down on a medium heat, stirring as you go
- This should take 60-70 minutes
- Once you have about a cups worth of molasses, transfer into a clean jar an pop it in the fridge
- This will stay fresh for up to 6 months, provided the jar you have used is clean, and the lid remains sealed when not in use.