How to make Ghost Brownies - Halloween Recipe
How to make beautiful and tasty Halloween Treats for Halloween at home. How cute are these Ghost Brownies!? These ghost brownies would be super fun for a Halloween party. The kids are sure to love these! Not only are they delicious, but super fun and a perfect spooky treat for Halloween! It’s fun to make these. You can make different faces for the ghosts or make it look like they’re dripping in blood. I love playing with food. So today I will show you how to make devilry delicious chocolate fudge brownies with ghosts and zombies.
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 100 g milk chocolate
- 40 g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 16 large marshmallows
- dark chocolate
- 250 g white frosting or vanilla icing
- food coloring
- Preheat your oven to 160 C or 325 F.
- Line the bottom and sides of an 8-inch - 20cm square baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil, leaving an overhang on two opposite sides. This helps when removing the baked brownies from the pan, once cooled.
- Add enough water to a medium saucepan so that it is 1 to 2 inches deep. Heat water until barely simmering. Combine butter, chocolate , sugar and cocoa powder in a medium heat-safe bowl. Stir mixture occasionally until the butter has melted and mixture is quite warm. Don’t worry if it looks gritty, it will become smooth once you add the eggs and flour.
- Remove the bowl from heat and set aside for 3 to 5 minutes until it is only warm, not hot. Stir in vanilla. Then, add eggs, one at a time, stirring vigorously after each one. When the batter looks thick, shiny and well blended, add the flour and mix it in gently.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted into the center and come out almost clean - you want it to be a little moist with batter.
- Cool completely then remove from pan. For the cleanest lines when cutting, place into freezer for 20 to 30 minutes to firm up. Cut into 16 squares.
- Place a marshmallow on top of each brownie.
- Melt your white frosting in a microwave. For ghost use plain vanilla, for zombies mix in some green food coloring.
- Pour the icing over each marshmallow, it doesn't have to be perfect, just about 1 tbsp. Let it set completely.
- Melt some dark chocolate with butter or double cream in the microwave, put in a ziplock bag and draw the eyes and mouth on our marshmallows. I also used red food coloring to make red eyes for zombies. Let them all sit and harden for 5-10 min and serve! Enjoy this easy and yummy Halloween treat! Super easy Halloween Recipe and your guests will love this!