Best Creme Brulee Recipe
This is a very nice dessert to serve when entertaining. It can be prepared in advance and served for a dinner party. These vanilla-rich puds are deliciously decadent. If you don’t own a mini blowtorch, caramelize them under the grill. This recipe makes 8 creme brûlées.
- 2 cup Double cream / heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 vanilla pod
- Granulated sugar ( to use at the end for sprinkling)
- In a pot add your cream and get the seeds from the vanilla. Bring the cream and vanilla pod to a gentle boil.
- In a bowl mix your sugar and egg yolks together.
- Pour the cream and slowly onto the sugar egg mixture, whisking all the time. Add it slowly bit by bit and then incorporate everything together. Dont mix too much, you dont want too many bubbles.
- Prepare your ramekins, place them into a deep baking dish and pour your liquid into each ramekin equally.
- Pour hot water into your deep baking dish about 2/3 or half way at least.
- Bake in a bain marie ( water bath) for about 20-30 min at 150 C / 300 F oven.
- Take them out and they should still be jiggly in the middle. Place them on a cooling rack and leave for few hours.
- Place in a fridge to set completely for at least 2 - 4 hours.
- Just before serving , add 1 tbsp of white sugar on top of each ramekin and use a blow torch to create a nice golden sugar crust.
- Decorate with fresh fruit and serve. Enjoy!